Hi, my name is Christine Kaiser, a third year from Mason,
Ohio studying Strategic Communication with minors in Business and Non-Profit
Studies. If you knew me, you would hear the same rhythmic, positive tone with
every greeting I give. Often times giving my friends a good laugh and a source
of the occasional mocking.
Starting senior year of high school I had a pretty good idea
that I wanted to go into communication because of my comfort in socializing
with others and giving speeches to large audiences. As I continued into
college, I found enjoyment in meeting others and creating a network of people
to connect with. By the summer after my second year, I took my enjoyment and applied
it to a hands-on learning opportunity. The Development Internship for Career
Exploration allowed me to explore different facets of communication including social
media, event planning, writing and interacting with donors who fund our
University. Ironically enough, even though I worked with social media all summer, I never had experience with blogging, earning this the title of "Something Confusing" in my endeavor of the start of new things. My internship did however allow me
to have a greater understanding of what I like and what I have left to learn.
In the future, I would like to be an event planner for a
major non-profit, such as a hospital. This would allow me to take my passion of
serving those with serious illnesses and apply it to a life-long career. As an event
planner, I would be able to either host events to celebrate life with these
individuals or I would be able to put on fundraising events to funnel money
into the cause I am so passionate about. The classes I take now will contribute to these future aspirations through in class learning and application.
No comments:
Post a Comment